Monday, June 27, 2016

Day 4 of 8. Voice of Truth... You are Loved!

We all have bad days and moments of weakness.   It was my turn this morning.   I just woke up stressed, which I have to admit makes sense.   In fact, if I didn't feel some stress these days, I'm pretty sure that would be grounds for declaring me a sociopath.   I was feeling overwhelmed by all the things that have to get done as I drove into work.   And the doubts were sneaking in.   What if I'm not cut out for this?   What if I'm not good enough?   Strong enough?   Oh and where are some of my struggles?   I struggle with perfectionism.   I fear failure.  I hate being in new situations and having to do new things, because... well... I could end up looking foolish.   Others might be disappointed.  And I might just not do it perfectly.   Yeah, and we are going to be missionaries.   Ironic, I know.

It is a cross that I have known for years and for the most part I can identify it and move past it when it comes.   I can turn to Him who strengthens me.  But every now and then it likes to sneak back into my life.   That is what happened this morning.   As I began to pray and share it with God in the car, a favorite song came on the radio.   I'll let it speak for itself.  Click below.


We all have those areas of our lives where that lying voice tries to pull us down, to mock us.   It tries to tell us we aren't lovable.   We can't be used by God.   You will fail.   You aren't good enough, smart enough, and gosh darn it all... people don't like you.   This voice tries to make us forget and doubt who we really are, that we are loved by our God, and that we are His sons and daughters.   We are sons and daughters of the King.



As we go out into missions, we are called to be that voice of truth, to share with others who they truly are.   But we aren't called to do this from a place of superiority, as ones who already have it totally together.   We are wounded healers, people who still struggle from time to time, and sometimes more frequently.   This is something we are all called to do!   It is in our weakness that He is strong.   It is in our darkness that He brings light.   It is in the areas that we believe are unlovable that we see just how far His love is going to go.

Where are the areas of your life that the lying voice like to lay?   Where does it have a hold?   And let Christ in.   Let the voice of truth shine forth and know how deeply you are loved.   And share that love with others, from this place of weakness.   This is what it means to be missionary.   I can say with total confidence that you are called to receive that love and share that love with others.   It may not be in a third world country, but that love is for you and others in your everyday life need to know it too.

Please continue to pray for us and know that we are praying for you!


1 comment:

  1. This is over said but it is truth, "God does not choose the equipped. He equips the chosen!"

    ReplyDelete