Sunday, June 26, 2016

Day 3 of 8. The Faces of Mission


This past February, Josh spent 10 days on mission in Nicaragua with one other teacher and 10 students.  As he prepared for 10 days of 80-90 degree weather, leading his students on mission, I prepared for a long snowy week with the 5 kids.  I was excited that he was going, and spent so much time praying with and for him before he left.  It was tough, but not in the way I expected.  I assumed the toughest part would be being snowed in with the kids (Living here in upstate NY we can always make certain assumptions about the weather in February). Thankfully, I had armed myself with a copious amount of mac and cheese and some fresh cans of paint, so the snow wasn’t the problem.  We actually had a blast that week!   

The tough part was missing Josh.  I missed him; the kids missed him.  My heart really longed to be with him, in Nicaragua, sharing the mission with him.  I wanted to see what he saw, work where he worked, and love those that he loved.   I knew, with all my heart, that it was the Lord’s will that Josh lead that trip to Nicaragua.  I knew, by extension, that it was the Lord’s will that I was home with the kids, praying Josh through the trip.  And there was so much grace in just knowing that I was exactly where the Lord wanted me: home, loving and caring for the kids, entertaining myself with a little remodeling project, and then some wonderful time with my in-laws, once getting out of the house became imperative. 



Once Josh came home, and Josh started showing me pictures, I got the opportunity to see why it all mattered.  I got to see a ton of pictures, but one that stands out in my mind was a picture of a little girl named Naomi.  The picture of Naomi impacted me so much.  In the past there had always been a disconnect in my mind between going on mission and sending someone else on mission.  I never realized how much just a picture could bridge that gap, how putting a face to the actual people Josh served could make the sacrifices we made from hundreds of miles away seemed so sweet once we could see that face.

That experience solidified in my heart the desire to blog while we are on missions, and that we do everything we can to put a face and a name to those we are called to serve for you all.  I want everyone who supports us both spiritually and materially to be able to see the fruit of the sacrifices made.  We want to be able to share this with you, because you are a part of this journey!  We want you to be able to know the JOY that comes from being a part of missions!

We need prayer support, but we are also humbly asking for your financial support. You can donate either as a one-time donation or sign up to do a monthly donation.  A simple $10.00 a month makes a big difference over the span of a year!!  Please don’t think any donation is too small.  When you donate to our mission fund through Family Missions Company, 90% of what you donate goes directly to our family mission fund, 5% goes to a general emergency fund for all FMC missionaries, and 5% goes to FMC operating costs.  We can sell everything, but we cannot actually go without your support.  We commit to share with you the actual faces and stories of your brothers and sisters in Christ that you will give us the opportunity to serve.

Partner with us here.



No comments:

Post a Comment