Sunday, March 4, 2018

Recuérdame Mi Fidelidad


The other day I found a church with adoration.   I had a little heart to heart with God about the future, our ministries, our relationships and friendships here in Mexico, my Dad's health, the unknown, my anxieties...  you know just the small stuff.  (And sometimes the small stuff, doesn't feel like small stuff... more like mountains.)

I began to be consoled that the Lord is pleased that we are seeking Him, His relationship, and His direction, and He lead me to Luke 11:3, "Give us this day our daily bread."   Just take one step, one day at a time.   God reveals His plan slowly.  The grace, the bread, is for that moment.  Around that time three American woman entered the church and one came up behind me, whispering in my ear, "I like your shirt."  I was wearing my red FMC shirt with a quote from Mr. Frank, the founder of FMC.   "Our God is a real God who does real things for real people in the real world."   As a missionary, I too need to be reminded of that reality at times.  Sometimes God send us strangers to minister to us.



For the first time, God began to put a message on my heart in Spanish.  "Recuérdame mi fidelidad.   Remind me of my faithfulness, as the prophets of old often did.   Reminding me of my faithfulness and promises, is not an act of doubting, but of faith.  It is a faith that hopes."   Throughout the Scriptures we find numerous heroes of the faith who turn to God and remind Him of His covenant.   For example Moses pleads to God to remember His faithfulness and covenant with Abraham after the golden calf, otherwise the Egyptians would say that the Lord led out to the desert to die.  (Exodus 32:11-14)   It is important to go back to those treasure chest memories of those times where we seen God work, for prayers answered, for doors opened and closed, for those times where He has spoken so clearly through the Scriptures, through a friend, in prayer.

I turned to a daily devotional that I often use in prayer.  "Just carry out my wishes and leave me to carry out yours... Every mountain of difficulty shall be laid low, the rough places of poverty shall be made smooth, and all who know you, shall know that I, your Lord, am the Lord."

When we started blogging during our preparation to go into missions, we always wanted to make sure we kept it real as we share the highs and lows, the everyday miracles and the struggles of our hearts.   That missions would be demystified.  All for the greater glory of God and to give witness to His faithfulness and that no matter where you may be as your read our blog, that God can reach your heart with His grace in the current circumstance of your life.

1 comment:

  1. We're a group of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community. Your site offered us with valuable information to work on. You have done a formidable job and our entire community will be grateful to you.iphone repair mission

    ReplyDelete