Sunday, April 2, 2017

Sharing Loved Ones


Mariam (another young missionary) holding Rebekah.
I love showing off Rebekah!  As a father, there is something joyful in introducing my precious little daughter.  I love sharing her with others.  I delight in her and I love seeing the joy that she gives others.  There is magic placing her in the arms of another and watching the emergence of a new relationship.   Whether Rebekah is asleep or awake, whether in the arms of an adult or a  child, a mutual blessing takes place as the two encounter each other.  And as a father I can watch the beauty of the exchange unfold and it fills me with joy.

On one hand, we can see how much the Father delights in us as His children, but that is not what I want to share this week.

I was led to reflect on the other side of the relationship.  Who does the Father bring into our lives?   Who are people that the Lord delights in, that He wants to share with us?  Where does God rejoice when He brings people together to form new relationships?   Who are the beloved of the Lord that He wants to share me?

These questions have led me to reflect on the many people and faces that we have encountered over the past 6+ months.   And they fill me with anticipation for who the Lord is going to bring into our lives in the months ahead.   These are the encounters, the faces, the stories that we are committed to sharing with you.   Our prayer is that the Lord blesses you, the same way that He blesses us, as you journey with us through our encounters.

Lord give us the grace to see Your beloved child in everyone that we meet!



 


 


 

 

 




1 comment:

  1. Wonderful story!!! God Bless our wonderful family. Love all of you so much.
    Grandma Wynn and Grandpa Wynn in Spirit!!!

    ReplyDelete